The new release is available on the Federal LCA Commons in the NREL group repository: https://www.lcacommons.gov, and the update in openLCA .zolca and JSON-LD format can also be downloaded from the USLCI GitHub Support Content Downloads page.
Some highlights are:
- Methylene diphenyl diisocyanate (MDI) new/updated datasets with two versions based on different allocation approaches
- Aniline updated dataset
- Styrene updated dataset
- Polystyrene, general purpose (GPPS) updated dataset
- Polybutadiene, butadiene rubber updated dataset
- Polystyrene, high impact (HIPS) updated dataset
- Hydrochloric acid (HCl) from MDI production new dataset
- Condensed sources and actors
- Added metadata for PLA
- Updated select NAICS classifications
- Updated transport for mixed recyclables collection
More details are available in the USLCI Press Release brief. The Change Log is here and USLCI Content Support is available at https://github.com/uslci-admin/uslci-content/wiki, which includes access to archived versions of the USLCI.
Please see the "How to Publish in the USLCI" section in the USLCI Data Submission Handbook and/or contact the USLCI Data Curator (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any USLCI publishing goals for the next release date, December 30, 2022.
Submissions of new data for the next release are due by December 2, 2022